Junior and Intermediate Division French Teacher
Kempenfelt Bay School is a leading co-educational, non-profit, independent school for students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 located in beautiful Innisfil, Ontario. We emphasize academic excellence at KBS. Each student’s progress is monitored, and our French programme is tiered to ensure that each child progresses to his/her maximum potential.
All students learn differently, and our teachers increase the possibility for success through a variety of teaching methods. Excellence in teaching is demonstrated at KBS, through a suite of pedagogy models that encompass best practices, is directly linked to its subject area, and allows teachers to play to their expertise. Excellence in teaching and learning occurs at KBS because teachers are encouraged to be innovative themselves and open to learning alongside their students.
We are seeking a French Teacher to work with our junior and intermediate students. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, and excellent ability to develop a strong rapport with students and share a culture of thinking that promotes inquiry, innovation. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Academics and School Life.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a class environment that inspires and supports learning French as a second language
- Establish effective rapport with students;
- Establish good relationships with parents, faculty and other staff members;
- Ensure the written, taught and assessed curriculum is in line with Ministry of Education curriculum ensuring differentiation;
- Develop course outlines, unit plans, lesson plans with a focus on inquiry based learning;
- Update all necessary records accurately as required by Ministry, and CAIS school guidelines;
- Communicate information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress including formally through report cards and parent-teacher interviews;
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area and approaches to teaching and learning through professional reading, participating in workshops and other professional development opportunities;
- Participate actively in faculty and department/division meetings
- Assume responsibility for and participate in co-curricular activities;
- Day and overnight trip supervisions as required;
- Participate as a Grade 8 student mentor, mentoring students and meeting them bi-weekly
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution with a specialist in French;
- Ontario College of Teachers certification or equivalent degree with Primary, Junior and Intermediate Qualifications
- Minimum three years’ teaching experience;
- Experience in and knowledge of the Aim programme is a strong asset;
- Experience with the DELF is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of relevant technology and able to work with a Google Platform;
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills;
- Work independently with little direct supervision;
- A strong ability to work as part of a team;
- Display effective time management skills.
- Possess a minimum B2 level in English, in order to communicate with parents and faculty at the school.
Accessibility & Equal Opportunity at Kempenfelt Bay School
At Kempenfelt Bay School, our mission is to provide an exemplary education that empowers students to embrace their personal potential as productive and responsible global citizens. In keeping with that, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Upon request, we will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within our recruitment process.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV, cover letter and philosophy of education by Friday, January 29, 2021 to:
Mr. Christopher White, Head of School
Kempenfelt Bay School
2145 Innisfil Beach Road
Innisfil, ON L9S 4B9
Only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.