Instrumental and Vocal Music Teacher ( JK – 8 )
Kempenfelt Bay School is a co-educational, non-denominational, independent day school, unique in the Simcoe region. We offer a renowned and challenging academic program and we are commited to experiential learning. Our highly trained faculty and staff exemplify the school motto, I Can, I Will, and provide the trusted adult mentoring that all young people need.
We welcome applicants who are dynamic and innovative, collaborative, progressive and globally minded. Kempenfelt Bay School offers an inclusive culture and values creativity, individuality and new ideas.
This position reports to the Director of Academics and School Life and provides both a broad and deep curriculum to KBS students as per the KBS Academic Scope and Sequence.
- Represent KBS and attend all CIS meetings
- Teach Instrumental and Vocal Music to students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Adapt teaching methods based on student ages and abilities
- Help students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences
- Coordinate/assist in several musical, cultural and celebratory events on and off-campus including:
- KBS Terry Fox Run
- Poetry Cafe
- Remembrance Day Assembly
- Santa Claus Parade
- Holiday Concert/Gr. 4-8 Musical
- French Cultural Celebration
- YMCA performance for seniors
- Conference of Independent Schools Music Festival
- Barrie Music Festival
- Spring Concert (Grandparents’ Day)
- Primary Musical (JK/SK to Gr. 3)
- Talent Show
- Graduation Ceremony (Prize Day)
- Plan, rehearse, and direct students in school’s Musical Cast, Musical Crew, Concert Band, and Jazz Band
- Attend Conference of Independent Schools Music Educators meetings
- Communicate with the school’s instrument rental company and the school representative
Qualifications and Attributes
- Ontario Teacher’s Certificate or equivalent
- University degree in Music
- Experience in Primary through Intermediate Music education and performance
- A passionate and enthusiastic teacher who participates in the program they instruct
- Positive and collaborative team member
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with students, parents and teachers cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously, patiently and with discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Google Applications considered a great asset
The start date for this role is August 26, 2019.
Accessibility & Equal Opportunity at Kempenfelt Bay School
At Kempenfelt Bay School, our mission is to provide an exemplary education that empowers students to embrace their personal potential as productive and responsible global citizens. In keeping with that, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Upon request, we will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within our recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply by submitting a philosophy of education, resume and cover letter to Mr. Christopher White, Head of School at [email protected] by Friday, May 30, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kempenfelt Bay School is an equal opportunity employer.