French Teacher ( Junior and Intermediate Division ) – Full Time
Kempenfelt Bay School is a co-educational, non-denominational, independent day school, unique in the Simcoe region offering a renowned challenging academic program and its commitment to experiential learning. Our highly trained faculty and staff exemplify the school motto, I Can, I Will, and provide the trusted adult mentoring that all young people need. We welcome applicants who are dynamic and innovative, collaborative, progressive and global-minded. Kempenfelt Bay School offers an inclusive culture and values creativity, individuality and new ideas.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, the ability to develop a strong rapport with students and will share a culture of thinking that promotes inquiry and innovation. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Academics and School Life and is expected to support the co-curricular program of the school.
● Creating an environment that inspires and supports learning French as a second language
● Establish rapport with students
● Establish good relationships with parents, faculty and other staff members
● Ensure the written, taught and assessed curriculum is in line with KBS expectations
● Develop course outlines, unit plans and lesson plans with a focus on inquiry based learning
● Update all necessary records accurately as may be required by the Ministry and CAIS
● Communicate information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student
progress including formally through report cards and parent-teacher interviews
● Keep up to date with developments in the subject area and approaches to teaching and
learning through professional reading, participation in workshops and other professional
● Participate actively in faculty and department/division meetings
● Assume responsibility for and participate in co-curricular activities
● Infrequent day and overnight trip supervisions, as required
● Participate as a Grade 8 student mentor, mentoring students and meeting them bi-weekly
Qualifications and Attributes
● Ontario Teacher’s Certificate or equivalent
● Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution with a specialist in French
● Experience in and knowledge of the Aim programme is a strong asset
● Passionate and enthusiastic teacher
● Positive and collaborative team member
● Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
● Ability to interact with students, parents and teachers cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously,
patiently and with discretion
● Ability to work in a fast-paced and busy environment
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Proficiency in Google Applications considered a great asset
Accessibility & Equal Opportunity at Kempenfelt Bay School
At Kempenfelt Bay School, our mission is to provide an exemplary education that empowers students to embrace their personal potential as productive and responsible global citizens. In keeping with that , we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Upon request, we will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within our recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by submitting a philosophy of education, CV and cover letter to Christopher White. Head of School at [email protected] by Friday, March 6, 2020. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kempenfelt Bay School is an equal opportunity employer.